vedang`s music

Harmonious, melodic, tuneful vibrations of the age old divine sounds, which has contemplative stupendous effect on mind, body and surroundings in the nature. It is a meditation. Based on breathing exercise Pranayam(naad yoga) .Breathing which inhales and excels for longer gives more oxygen to the body.Alap is the soul of the Raga. It shows the caliber of the musician. His capacity of intellection, mind’s eye, how far he could think of the boundaries of the thought with creative combination of melodic notes set to the rhythem.It takes years of practice to get command on the scale to perform freely. Every days practice brings the different shades to the raga, fulfillment of intense happiness, ecstasy, exaltation, euphoria the total bliss.Experience of supreme sound the Naad Brahma. About me- Performing vocals for last many years around the globe. Taught music in USA for ten years including one of the prestigious universities(MUM) at Fairfield Iowa. Worked for the Radio in North America as producer and host(musicals). http://www.youtube.com/user/MsVedang

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Radio.

Radio aapana.
I was conducting music classes at Renton (WA) Gurudwara on weekends. One of the Sundays I was teaching students,Gyani ji came to me and said our group of musician has gone to some other place to perform, they were suppose to be back in time but they are late. Please you come and accompany us on the Tabla on the stage. I did because no to Ganyji was not appropriate and it was special ceremony going on in the Gurudwara.
After the concert one gentle man came to me and introduced him self saying I am doctor and we run a radio station in USA & Canada, it is 24 hours 7 days week radio. We need you to host musical program, I said I am busy with my activities and there is hardly some time I could spare. Anyhow, I managed to spare weekly thrice tow hours a day programs were in Hindi, Panjabi and English.
My first day on radio I was suppose to host program in Panjabi for an hour.
My lines were….Radio aapna sunne wale sare srotyanu saadda namaskar,satshriaakal te aadab.Tusi sunne ja rahe ho panjabi geetanda program vedang de naal,hun to leke 9 baje tak. karaykram da sabato pahela geet sundehan Hansrajhans de aawaj de wich,geeet de bol han…. so and so……I was not good at panjabi,never tried in India but I became a host on the radio, day by day I was Improving. Hosting shows in Hindi and English was not a problem. Programs in Hindi were of Ghazals, Classical and film songs. In between live news from India in Hindi and Panjabi on the phone connected to radio. Advertisement from Indian, Pakistani, Fijian, Shrilankan and American business. All together great fun. Recording advertisement of movies, restaurants, special events, religious activities and all different businesses was great experience. Phone in programs, live interviews with experts.
Some programs were to play music of my choice, listening to good music comparing at the same time, if you understand the music then you can explain better, about the composer and singer as well, to the audience. Once you are away from your country then you look and search for your own things and you appreciate it more. That is why radio was close to every Indians hart; they use to love the radio aapana.
Vedang Dharashive.

No comments: